Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Oh, the things that she says...

One of the reasons that I started this blog was to be a able to capture the cute things that Anna says before we forget them. Well, here are two more additions.

Last night, Anna and I were sitting at the dinner table (Will was in CH at the UNC game). I was talking to her about Thanksgiving and all the family that was coming in a few days. She asked in her sweet little angelic voice, "Mommy, what's Thanksgiving?". I explained that it was a day that we spend with all of our family and think about all the things that we are thankful to God for and we get to eat lots of yummy food. Then I started to list some of the things I was thankful for. As I was rattling off my list, she bursts out with, "...and Diet Coke! Mommy, we need to take the Diet Coke with us to Thanksgiving." As she was saying this, she was pointing to a 2 liter bottle of Diet Coke on top of our fridge. Random!! Now, I know that her Nannie lets her have sips every now and then, but I never guessed that would be tops on her Thanksgiving list.:)

Today, I picked her up from school and we were on the way home after meeting Will at Panera for lunch. Her teacher, Miss Linda, had told me that they had read a book about farm animals and Anna was so good with all of the animal sounds. Well, we were on the highway and took our exit. I drove a little close to the edge and ran over the little rumble strip on the side of the road. Anna asked, "What was that, Mommy?". I told her and she followed with, "It looks like a cow!" (I'm pretty sure she meant "sounds like", but I knew what she was saying). I said, "It does kind of sound like a cow, doesn't it?". Then she said, "I think it's a Chik-fil-A cow!". Well, I guess it could be :o).

1 comment: