Anna LOVES to swing. I mean, she really loves it and could spend hours just swinging. We have made many treks down the street to the neighborhood playground and have spent many hours at Tanglewood swinging. She will do an occasional slide, but ultimately just wants to swing. I love the fact that she likes to do something outside. We have neighbors down the street whose kids are ALWAYS outside. We call them "the outside family". Will and I have talked about how we want our family to be an outside family, too. I try to push the sunshine and activity as much as I can.
So, Will and I decided that we would get a swingset for Anna for Christmas. We wanted a nice wooden one that would last and did some shopping around. With our backyard being an oddly shaped triangle (since we're on the corner), we had a hard time finding one that wouldn't have to go in the middle of our yard and take up all the space. We lucked out and found a deck company that also builds playsets. They were able to custom build one for us to fit our yard for only a little more than the ones we looked at from Costco and Sam's. Plus, Will was ecstatic that he didn't have to spend 18+ hours putting it together!!
The only down side was that we couldn't get dates close to Christmas so that Santa could "bring" the swingset to her. Oh, well. It's just fine being a gift from Mommy and Datty. The guys came Friday and built it but Anna didn't get to play on it because we had errands that afternoon and left before they finished. Then, of course, it rained all day long Saturday, so today we finally got out there! She was so excited and kept saying, "There's a swing in my yard!". We all tried out the swings and the slide. It has an infant swing and a sling swing as well as a glider, so we have many stages to grow into. And the playhouse is very spacious. Miller was having such a fit about all of us being up in the playhouse, that he even got to get up there, too! I see many, many backyard hours spent playing out there in our future. How fun?!
It was a little chilly, but someone didn't want to wear her jacket!
It even has a picnic table underneath! Anna said, "We can bring my yogurt outside!".
Anna liked that when she is up in the playhouse, she can see into the neighbor's yards.
Excited about sliding!


CUTE!! That is so awesome!
ReplyDelete