Monday, November 15, 2010
Busy with Nothing
I know I haven't blogged in a while. We have been busy with the usuals of life, plus the training of this new family addition. It has been interesting, for sure. He really is a sweet, laid-back dog and Miller is as happy as a clam with his new "brother". Murphy has just been shoved in and out of so many different homes that now he is just utterly confused. It took him almost two weeks to figure out that he could go in and out of the dog door by himself without our pushing and prodding. Now we just have to help him to understand that it is his responsibility to go out of it when he has to go potty! Add to that the fact that we're still weaning the prednisone for his itching and so he pees ALL. THE. TIME. I have reached my limit of cleaning up pee puddles, so we started crating him when we leave. That worked for a few days, but this morning he had an accident in his crate, which let me know that he really has little control over his bladder on this medication. I'm weaning him off and praying that when he goes back to the vet on Friday, they can give him something chronic for his allergies that doesn't affect his bladder. And I pray that all this peeing in the house hasn't conditioned him to thinking that it's OK!! I wish I could just fast forward to several weeks from now when I hope things will be evening out a little! But if I do that too far, it will almost be time for Jack to be here! Yikes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHmm....we are booting our cat for his peeing problem...we have a farm we can ship your dog to...it should be okay, Fenway was a tough train, apparently Boston's are tough...best of luck
ReplyDeleteThat is the most beautiful family holiday picture!! Any chance you will use it on your Christmas cards? Would love to display it. It was great seeing you Thanksgiving. Love you all. Give Anna a kiss from us.
ReplyDeleteAunt Jo