Saturday, July 2, 2011
Precious Moment
On Friday, July 1st, Jack turned 5 months old. Anna and I were talking about what a big boy he was becoming and all the new things he could do. He has been a little fussier the last couple of days and I explained to her that it was because his first two teeth were getting ready to come in and it was probably hurting him. The more we talked about it, the sadder her expression became. Then she started tearing up and said, "Mommy, but I want Jack to be a baby forever!". Of course, this made me tear up and I explained that everything starts out small as a baby and grows up, just like her. I told her that I wished she was still a baby sometimes, too. Then she said, "One night a long time ago I prayed to God and told him that I didn't want to get bigger." By this time, I'm in ugly cry mode. I try to tell her that although we might not want to get bigger, that God made us to grow, that it's what we're supposed to do because there is fun stuff to do and learn each time we get older. She then asked if I was going to have to put all the baby food and baby toys away since Jack was growing up. I chuckled to myself and reassured her that he would still be a baby for a while, but just one that was doing new things. She looked up at me with tears still in her eyes and said, "But that makes me so sad!". Me too, sweet girl...me too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Oh, that one got me good! Precious Child...
ReplyDeleteI'm in the market for a time machine. I'll let you know if I find one. It may be worth a trip to Texas just to get a few trips back in time. ;)