We usually only see my dad's side of the family once a year at Thanksgiving. My dad is one of five children so there can be as many as 40 or 50 people there in total. As we have gotten older, my siblings and I have started feeling like there are so many people that we don't get to visit with the people we really want to see. Plus, my grandmother has 15 great grandchildren, but rarely gets to see some of them because of distance and logistics. So, we arranged a weekend for my sister and brother and I to take our kids to Rocky Mount to visit with everyone. We stayed with my cousin David and his wife Claire. They were such gracious hosts even though they have 7-week-old Haley Grace! It was so wonderful to get to spend hours sitting and talking and laughing rather than minutes. And I don't think I've ever seen my grandmother as happy as she was watching all those children running (and crawling) around. It was great!
| Jack and Anna with Great-Granmama. |
| Granmama and all the Zoo great-grandchildren. |
| Caroline pretty in pink with her tu-tu! |
| Everything is fun with Aunt Cathy.... |
| ...especially a bath when she makes shampoo hairstyles! |
| All the babies playing in the floor. |
| Cousin Wes brought the big girls a Halloween doughnut! |
![]() |
| Caroline and Aunt Cathy |



No comments:
Post a Comment