Monday, March 19, 2012

At the Beach with Mimi and Jeffro

While Daddy was at a conference for work and the ACC Tournament with Pops, the kids and I headed to Wilmington to hang out with Mimi and Papa.  The first full day we were there was gorgeous, so we met Jeffro and Nellie down at the beach to play in the sand and fly kites.  Then we had yummy hotdogs at The Trolly Stop for lunch.  I knew we were only going to be down there for max an hour, so I was a bad mommy and didn't put sunscreen on any of us.  We definitely got our vitamin D for the day! None of us got burned, but we all came back with pink cheeks and a little bit of a tan line where our clothes had been!  After that, I was horrible and didn't really take my camera out again (shame on me!).  At least we can enjoy our pics from the beach...

Mimi reading a new pop-up book to Jack.

Nellie and Anna playing in the sand.  "Look, Anna!"

Helping Mimi feed the seagulls.

Nellie giving out sweet kisses (and Mimi egging her on).

We got one kite to fly easily, but the other proved a little more difficult.  

Jack really wanted to eat the sand and
couldn't figure out why that wasn't a good idea.

Mommy and her two munchkins

Nellie and Jeffro

Jack shocked at the waves and the surfers.

The BEST picture of Nellie and Jeffro...ever!

I love the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment