Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Behind the Scenes

Behind the scenes of our normally less-than-boring life has been the addition of house building!!  Ever since we broke ground on June 26th, Will and the kids and I have been in full house-building mode.  Every Tuesday afternoon throughout the summer, our fantastic babysitter, Katie, came over for the afternoon to allow me to meet with our builder's interior designer, the brick guy, the granite people, the plumbing supply salesperson, whomever I needed to meet with to plan this house.  Will and I have spent many night hovered around the kitchen table looking at plans and making different decisions.  I am so thankful that we think the same way and have the same taste.  It had made this process pretty easy and a whole lot of fun!
Will or I try to go by the house daily, but we at least make it by 5-6 times a week.  Lots of times, all four of us pile into the car and head over to the house.  The kids have loved watching all the changes and have had a blast in their new "playground".  Jack especially gets excited because that means we'll probably see some horses on the way over and maybe a tractor when he gets there.  The new house is only about 8-10 minutes from where we are now, so not too far.  Dwayne is telling us that we'll be in by Thanksgiving, so we'll see if he's right!  Here's a little progress in pictures...

June before the closing
After the trees came down--June 27th
We have a hole!
Basement walls



Roof going on
Brick going up
The house as of September 21st!

No comments:

Post a Comment