Thursday, May 30, 2013

Our Little Sweeper


Anna really enjoyed soccer this year, mainly because she played with some of her besties from school.  And she really loved her daddy being one of the coaches!  After he complained about how slack her previous coach had been, I dared him to put his money (or time and effort) where his mouth was.  It worked out that he and our good friend Julie McCann co-coached together.  His goal was to make it fun for the girls and I think he succeeded.  The team also had no losses and one tie, so I think they were successful in other ways, too.  He has had several parents beg him and Julie to coach again next year.  What a huge compliment!?  We'll see!
Although Anna scored the first goal of the season, she soon discovered that she likes defense better and became pretty awesome at booting the ball out as sweeper.  (This makes her mommy oh-so-proud since that was my fav position when I played soccer back in the day.  Her daddy used to play goalie, so the defense thing must be in her blood.;)  We did have to remind her that she needed to stay on her feet since she dramatically started falling every time she kicked the ball.;)  It was pretty funny!
Ultimately, the girls had a great time, got some exercise, learned some new soccer skills, and made some great friends.  Win, win for everyone!!  Go Silver Stars!

Receiving the "Best Sweeper" award from Coach Julie!

Soccer pals

The gals with their coaches


No comments:

Post a Comment