Thursday, November 7, 2013

No More Monitor



This is the monitor we received when Anna was born.  The base has been in her room and this receiver in ours ever since.  Both of the homes we have lived in have had main level master bedrooms, so I have always felt better having this on at night so I could hear her wake up upstairs and get to her quicker.  The receiver has been on its last leg for awhile, only able to work while docked on its base.  It finally bit the dust the other night and I had to toss it in the trash.  It was bittersweet...the memories of all those nights hearing her breathe or cough or cry out for us...and the realization that she is definitely old enough to not need a monitor anymore.  It was a tug on the heartstrings for sure.  That's how those milestones go, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment