Thursday, October 30, 2014

Our Big Announcement

I have been putting this post off for months now.  I'm usually not too superstitious, but after all of the ordeals we have been through the past few years, I wasn't putting anything to chance.  The last time I blogged about this I had to come back and "undo" it.  So now that I'm confident that we're nearing the end of this miraculous journey, I am safe in finally getting this down in the books.



WE ARE PREGNANT AND EXPECTING A LITTLE BOY IN NOVEMBER!!

We are beyond thrilled but still full of anxiety and worry and hope and anticipation.  The incredible OBs taking care of me have developed a new plan this time around that will hopefully avoid the painful ending of prior pregnancies.  I am taking a baby aspirin and daily Lovenox injections to combat antiphospholipid antibody syndrome (a potential clotting disorder) that they think I may have (the lab tests were inconclusive) but they feel my history strongly supports.  We are taking this one final leap of faith in hopes that we can add one more little one to our family.
The first several months were long and hard--I was pretty nauseated and had the normal first trimester fatigue.  It was hard because we were trying to keep it all under wraps until the anatomy scan confirmed everything.  We heard multiple heartbeats and saw multiple ultrasounds along the way since monitoring was increased because of my new diagnosis and each one was a HUGE sigh of relief.  I went in every time with a prayer but a realistic dread of what they were going to find.  Each time was such an emotional roller coaster.  We even had a bleeding scare and I was sure I was miscarrying, only to find out that I had a blood pocket beside my placenta but that baby and everything else looked fine.  We were definitely praising the Lord that day!!
We made it to the anatomy scan and everything looked fantastic.  All of us (except for Anna, maybe) were thrilled to find out that we were having a baby boy!!!  Once Will and I talked about it some, we decided to use the boys name we had picked out from last time--Andrew James.  Thus, Baby Drew was born (in our minds, that is!).  The little boy baby doll that Anna had deemed "Baby Jack" quickly became Jack's "Baby Drew" and he has slept with it ever since.
Ultimately, we were just so relieved and grateful that Drew was healthy and thriving.  We knew we had a lot of days left ahead until we got to meet him, but we trusted that God wouldn't lead us down this path without getting us to the end.  We can't wait to see you, Baby Drew!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment