Thursday, May 6, 2010

My Little Gardener

Last week, I got a sweet card in the mail from my mom. The neat thing about it was that the outer shell of the card was actually paper implanted with wildflower seeds. I decided that Anna and I needed to find out if they would really grow. Nannie had given me a Carolina planter a while back that has been begging for something to be planted in it, so it seemed the perfect fit. We started out soaking the card in water...

My excited gardening assistant
Then we tore up the card and planted the pieces in the soil.
I think Anna had way more fun playing in the water.
And guess what!?...a week later we have sprouting!
I'll keep you posted on our progress! I can't wait for pretty wildflowers!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful. We did that with our "Forget Me Not" place cards for our wedding. I have never heard from anyone that they ever grew, including my parents who planted them and apparently they were duds. Oh well, the wild flowers will look nice in Carolina Blue.

    ReplyDelete