In order to not completely stress myself out, I have decided to do the summer-in-review. It was way less overwhelming for me than doing separate posts, but I apologize for the length. Here is Summer 2010...
Take Me Out to the Ball Game
Many nights were spent at the Winston-Salem Dash games. Anna LOVED going and especially liked getting to see her pal, Bolt, and giving him a hug!
Wrightsville Beach with Friends
Will and I got to sneak away to the beach with our friends Tyler and Jenn and Sarah and Paul. We had a blast!
New Arrival
Anna and I went to visit my friend, Susan, after the arrival of little Spencer (with big sister Caroline). Anna was so excited to get to hold him!
Sunday School Swim
We met some friends from Sunday School at Tanglewood Pool and let all the kids play and swim together.

Winter in June
After watching an episode of Dora in the Arctic, Anna just HAD to put her winter gear on!












Storytime Live
Nannie and Pops joined us on a trip to Charlotte to see all of Anna's favorite Nick Jr. friends: Kai-lan, The Backyardigans, The Wonder Pets, and most importantly, Dora. Anna was so excited and all ready to go with her backpack. Once the show started, though, her face was complete shock and awe...and major concentration. It was hilarious!
July 4th at Lake Gaston
Ever since I met my friend, Melissa, my sophomore year at Carolina, she has invited us to her parents' lake house on Lake Gaston for July 4th. We aren't the rowdy college students we were ten years ago...now we come with husbands, kids, and dogs in tow. It's always so much fun for everyone!
Daddy and his kids (Miller, too)
Lexi and Anna
Lawson and Anna
The Walker Fam
The Hege Fam
Grand's Camp 2010--see blog post
Anna spent her annual week with Mimi and Papa in Wilmington
Anna's Second Haircut
Somewhere around the middle of the summer, Anna decided that she was having no more of the bows and clips and pigtails that I love putting in her hair. As much as I tried to explain how cute they were, she just wasn't having it. So, off we went to get her hair cut. I was hoping to let it grow out, but without a way to keep it out of her face, we had to go for the bob. It's still cute, but would be even cuter with a bow or clip in it!!
Picking Peaches at the Koontz' Orchard
Learning to Cut with Scissors
Hege Family Beach Vacation
For the first time since I've been a part of the Hege family, we all decided to head down to Wrightsville for a long weekend vacation together. The weather was perfect (even with the requisite afternoon rain storms) and the beach provided the neatest puddle a little bit inland, which Anna deemed "the lazy river". Between the beach and the pool, we were all in heaven. Everyone had a blast!
At the Pool
Many, many days of this summer were spent at a pool somewhere, since this was one of the fews ways I could tolerate being outside. We had our neighborhood pool down the street that we could walk to and meet some of our friends. Anna became a pro at swimming "all by myself" with her floatie on. She also became a fan of jumping off the diving board! We also had Tanglewood Pool a short drive down the road that has a zero-entry shallow end so the kids can play with no need for floaties--love it! I bought some Disney Princess dive sticks at Target that I never imagined would be the deal of the century. We rarely go anywhere that Ariel, Cinderella, and Belle don't go with us! Best $9.95 I ever spent! Then, the first of August, we joined Bermuda Run and had access to their pool. It has a kiddie pool, the regular pool that starts at 2 feet (so Anna can touch), and a real lazy river. We had lots of fun at the pool this summer!
Whew! There you have it--Summer 2010. We were busy, busy, busy, but had lots of fun with family and friends! Now we start gearing up for that wonderful fall pastime called football!


This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing! What a great summer you guys have had!! Precious, precious family!!! Love you! :)
ReplyDeleteWay to go! I was wondering where you were going to start and how you were going to get everything in...this is great!!
ReplyDelete