Tuesday, August 31, 2010

We're Having a BOY!!


WE ARE SO EXCITED!! We went for my anatomy scan this morning and there is no doubt that there's a little boy in there! Even though we had several "boy vibes" reported to us, we kind of felt like it would be another girl. What a wonderful surprise! His name will most likely be Jackson Edward, and we'll call him Jack. He was in there just flipping around and sucking his little thumb, which is exactly what Anna did during her anatomy scan! Once we got the news, Anna said, "I thought it was going to be a girl." But after a few more pictures and him sucking his thumb, she was sold. Everything in the scan checked out perfectly and the ultrasound tech was nice enough to oblige my 500 heart questions (because I take care of heart babies in the PICU). She checked the heart out in detail! The OB said that there was not a thing abnormal in any of it and my blood pressure was the lowest it has been in a loooooong time in that office. We just feel so blessed! After the last year, we are so thankful for a healthy baby and that our family will grow a little bit more. God is so good!

The start of the baby bump! (17+ weeks)
The excited big sister!
(Although she says she doesn't want to be a really big sister!)

On the way home, Anna and I stopped by Sherwin Williams and picked out some blue paint cards. What other color is there to paint a boy's nursery but Carolina Blue? :0)

1 comment:

  1. Whoo-hoo!!!! So excited for you! I'm glad that you will get to add some blue to your sweet family! There is something so special about the mother/son relationship. I'm thrilled that you will get to experience that bond. :)

    A Carolina blue nursery - I would expect nothing else! Ha!

    ReplyDelete