Wednesday, September 1, 2010
A Big First
Anna has had a horrible cough going on about 10 days now. There are no other symptoms...no fever, no runny nose, she doesn't even act like she feels bad most of the time. Just a cough. Will had the same thing several weeks ago for about a week and a half with no other symptoms, so I knew this was a virus and was letting it run its course. Well, after 10 days of waking up multiple times through the night with coughing fits despite cough medicine and a recent rubbing of the ears, I knew it was time to go see Anna's pediatrician. Guess what... Anna has her first ear infection and started antibiotics for the first time at almost three years old! I am so thankful that we have not had to deal with ear infections like a lot of parents do with younger children and am not quite sure why or how we dodged it for so long. When I drew up the Amoxicillin for her today, the smell brought back lots of memories of taking it during childhood. The smell has not changed one bit! And based on Anna's reaction, the taste hasn't either! As long as it works, I'll endure the struggle to get her to take it. I'm sick of the cough and it's not even mine! Here's to quick and happy healing...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment