On Labor Day Monday, Will and I raided Anna's room to try to make some space for the birthday toys we knew were soon coming. While we were cleaning out, I made a comment about wishing we could take the rails off of Anna's bed because it would be SO much easier to make up in the mornings. Will reminded me that Anna had slept in a rail-less bed at my parent's house and had been fine. I looked at Anna and asked her if she would be OK if we took the rails off. She responded matter-of-factly, "Mommy, I will not fall out." There you have it. So, the rails went up into the attic!! SAD....our little girl has out-grown her bed rails!
Just for peace of mind, we decided to push her bed into the corner, so at least there was only one open side. This required rearranging her whole room and disposing of her cardboard "house" that has been in her room for the last year since we bought her dresser and big girl bed. She wasn't so excited about losing the house, but her room looks so cute and so BIG with the furniture rearranged!


No comments:
Post a Comment