I always have the hardest time throwing away Anna's arts and crafts from preschool and Sunday School and MOPS. I know that realistically I cannot keep everything because I would have a ginormous stack that would take up an entire closet if I did. I also realize that at the age of 25ish, when I will hand this stuff over to her as my mom did for me, she is not going to want every single craft project she did in Mother's Morning Out and 2-year-old preschool. I get all that. And don't get me wrong--there are some special things that I will keep in a special folder. However, I know that those things should only be one or two big things per year and she's not even in kindergarten yet! But there are still some things that get me, like any kind of craft with her hands or feet. They will only be that size once!
So, I'm taking the idea of a friend of mine and photographing them. That way I can put them here on the blog for all to see, I will still have a record of them, but I can throw them away and not clutter my entire home. Enjoy!


Oh, my gosh!!! I know just what you mean! I still have a stack that I can't part with. :)
ReplyDeleteAt the end of each year, I have taken pictures of all Seth's art and made a photobook. Forever keepsake, only 1/4 of an inch thick!
ReplyDeletegreat idea! i will remember this!
ReplyDeleteThose are so cute! I have trouble parting ways with art projects, too. We're so much alike... Imagine that??? ;)
ReplyDeleteI have a binder with page protectors for Clayton's stuff. I save the really cute projects in there, and make myself part with everything else. The binder that I bought for Clayton in a 2 inch binder that I started putting things in when he was a baby. It is just now starting to get full.
BTW - The handprint & footprint projects become virtually nonexistent in Kindergarten. So sad...
NO Comment....I have no idea what I would do...meg has her baby teeth from her mom
ReplyDelete