Thursday, September 17, 2009

Anna's Second Birthday!

I can't believe it's been two years already!! You really can't afford to blink--it goes by so fast!

We had Anna's birthday party Saturday at a local coffee shop. It's OK, I know you're confused. A local church opened up a coffee shop that also has small concerts and whatnot. They had the brilliant idea of putting in an indoor playground! On one end of the building is a room with colored foam tile on the floors with large Fisher Price climbing equipment, riding toys, and the huge Legos--perfect for 2 and 3 year-olds! It even has Purell dispensers on the wall--gotta love it! The kids had a blast and I didn't have our large family and a handful of close friends all in my house!:) They also have a great birthday room in the back to house all the party chaos!

The theme was Elmo, of course, since he is Anna's obsession at this age. I was going to make her cake, but then found an adorable one at Harris Teeter with little figures on it that she could keep, so I took the easy route. Add in some delivered pizza, a fruit tray, and drinks provided by the coffee shop and this party was easy breezy!

Anna got lots of fun, new toys and has been quite overwhelmed with all the new choices to play with. Thanks everyone for all the good stuff!! Now I just have to rearrange the den so that we are not overflowing with toys.:) Maybe next year we can do a very small party and ask people to bring things for charity instead of toys. If not, we'll be drowning in them!

It was a really fun weekend altogether because the Collins fam was ALL here! (This maybe happens twice a year.) So, besides the party, we had lots of fun family time. Unfortunately, we had so much fun that those pictures are not really blog appropriate.:) Here are some of the pics from Anna's party that are rated "G":

The adorable Elmo cake (with Big Bird, too)








Anna and her friend, Tucker, who she gave multiple hugs and kisses to. It was so precious, but I think Will was getting a smidge worried.:)






One of Anna's favorite toys was her shopping cart and Build-a-Bear teddy that she named "Dora" since she has a backpack, too. This bear even has a cell phone! Thanks Judi and Bren!






Mommy, Daddy, the birthday girl, and Dora the bear








Mimi, Pawpaw, Greg, and Michelle gave Anna her very own table and chairs set. Now she's ready for Play-doh and coloring books on her own table!

No comments:

Post a Comment