This past weekend, we had several reasons to head to Wilmington: 1) Mimi and Pawpaw had not seen Anna since right after Christmas and won't see her again until Easter--they get kind of panicky if they go more than a month or so without seeing her:), 2) my brother Jeff and his girlfriend, Johnna, are pregnant and I wanted to hug their necks and congratulate them in person, 3) we had Nia's 7th birthday to celebrate (Johnna's daughter), and 4) one of my close friends from nursing school was having a surprise baby shower and I didn't want to miss it or catching up with some of my favorite girls (see next post). So, we headed east on Friday.
Sitting with Mimi in front of Gramps' house (a garage apartment in our backyard that we built for my grandfather, and that every child except for me has called home at some point or other)
Friday night, we got to go to Krazy's Pizza with my parents. This was a staple on Friday nights when I was in high school and we try to go back every chance we get. I was a little wigged out because they moved into a new space in the strip mall where they have been forever. I still am not sure how I feel about that...
Afterwards, we went to Port City Java to get milkshakes. Their mocha shake is one of my all-time weaknesses.
A family portrait at PCJ
Anna was lovin' her some milkshake
I'm 2!
Anna's photography skills
On Sunday before we left, we all went to Flaming Amy's Burrito Barn for lunch (gotta love it) and then over to Greg and Michelle's new apartment. It was so cute and all fixed up with their wedding gifts. They've done an awesome job! It looks like they've lived there forever!
Overall it was a pretty relaxing weekend. Mom let us sleep in both mornings and, other than the shower, we didn't have anywhere we had to be. I love those kind of weekends.


No comments:
Post a Comment