Anna had her 30 month, or 2 1/2 year, check-up today. This was really the first time that she has been old enough to be aware of what was getting ready to happen. Several times last night and this morning she asked, "What's the doctor going to do?". So, we went through the whole ordeal: listening to her heart and chest with a stethoscope and using a special light to look in her eyes and mouth and ears. She wasn't too sure about this whole doctor thing. And I left off the part about the immunizations because she didn't need to stress about that any longer than she had to. All she knew was that she got a sticker at the end of it and that made things OK.
She did really great while we were there. It was really cute, because Dr. Silkstone had a little conversation with her and I could have been in the other room. When she asked Anna what her favorite thing to eat was, Anna answered, "Celery!". Dr. Silkstone looked at me, like "for real?". I had to nod and agree that she really liked celery and that we probably had the Wonder Pets to thank for it.
Some milestones for this doctor's visit were the following:
- She finally hit the 25 pound mark-- 25 pounds, 4 ounces. Woohoo!
- She is 36 inches tall, exactly 3 feet.
- Her head circumference was 19 inches. This is the last visit that they will do a head circumference. How sad!?
- Her percentiles were 55th for height, 50th for head, and an increase to 15th for weight!
- She didn't need any immunizations, so this visit was great!
Anna left thinking the visit to the doctor was pretty fun. She was also the proud owner of a Cinderella sticker. I was shocked that she passed up Elmo and Backyardigans for Cinderella.
This evening at dinner, she asked for...you guessed it...celery! When I put it in front of her, she said, "I'm eating celery just like the Wonder Pets!" Yep, you sure are! So, I had to get a few pics. Notice her snazzy sticker.


No comments:
Post a Comment