Thursday, August 12, 2010

Anna's Baby!

We are pregnant!!! Finally, after a year and a half of trying and loss and uncertainty, we are almost 15 weeks pregnant! We are obviously ecstatic. I can't believe it has actually worked this time. Unfortunately, I have been incredibly nauseated with this pregnancy which is interesting since I wasn't for a second with Anna. At this point, I'll take it though. But this is the reason you haven't heard from us since June. This summer has been quite a blur for me ... if we weren't traveling or at the pool, I was on my back on the couch feeling like yuck! I think Anna has watched more TV in the last couple of months than I ever wanted her to watch, but sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do. Since I'm into the second trimester, I'm waiting for the nausea to lessen, but so far, it hasn't much listened. Guess I'll keep clinging to my Zofran (and Colace and Miralax!).
Anyway, we went to the OB on June 30th to hear the heartbeat for the first time. Everything looked perfect! They printed out this sweet picture for Anna to have--her baby! Since there was a heartbeat, we were hugely relieved, but decided to wait until the second appointment before sharing our news with family and friends. We went back on July 29th and that little heart was still beating away! Yay, we had made it to the end of the first trimester!
We are due on February 4, 2011. I am so excited to have the end of this pregnancy in the winter time! The other exciting thing is that Sarah and Jason found out that they are 5 weeks behind us! They are due on March 11th! How fun is that going to be? Jeff and Johnna are due in October with little Penelope, so Mom and Dad will go from one grandchild to four in six months time! Talk about a zoo! Move over Anna, you've got lots of family moving in!!
We go back on August 31st to find out if we are having our Molly or our Jack...we'll keep you posted. I apologize again for the blogging hiatus, but hopefully I can catch you up on some of the events of this summer before school starts back.;0)

3 comments:

  1. Whoo-hoo!!!! We are THRILLED for you guys!

    Will Baby Hege ever know how wanted and loved he/she is???? It has been a long, hard road, but this sweet baby will be worth the wait. I'm sure of it!

    Praying blessings over your family of FOUR! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! And I think Sarah means family of FIVE- let's not forget Killer Miller :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay!!! i am so excited. you are such an awesome mom...lucky baby.

    ReplyDelete