We lucked out and got TWO school days off along with MLK weekend this year. We had not been home to Wilmington since my mom's birthday in July (almost 6 months!!!). I was really feeling a little homesick, but knew a whirlwind trip would not have been fun for the kids, especially Anna and the down time she needs to be ready for school. When I realized it would be a four day weekend, I was so excited that we had our chance to head east. I was sad that Will had to stay behind for some church obligations, but knew the kids and I had to take this opportunity. I ended up taking Anna out of school early so we could get through Raleigh traffic before rush hour and am so glad I did. Here we come, Wilmington!!
 |
Here's Anna about 30 minutes into the trip. Bless her heart! |
We all went to eat dinner at Krazy's that Friday night after we got there (of course). Mimi and Papa were talking about wanting to do something fun with the kids on Saturday. Jeffro and Nellie talked about how they love to go to Chuck E. Cheese. When Mimi and Papa found out that Anna and Jack had never been, they knew what the plan had to be! We got there when it opened Saturday morning and had an absolute blast. I'm not sure who had more fun, Mimi and Papa or the kids! Anna was beyond thrilled when she counted up her 217 tickets to cash in for prizes!!
 |
| Jack on the Barney train |
 |
Mimi playing a dance game with Anna. Get your groove on, Mimi!! |
 |
| The kids loved just standing and watching the "robots". |
Once lunch time drew near, lots of people started showing up for birthday parties and we got out of there quick! We went back to get ready for Jack's early birthday dinner (since Mimi and Papa and Jeffro and Nellie wouldn't be able to make it up for his party in a couple of weeks).
 |
Jeffro and Nellie got Jack a construction worker costume. I hate the picture is blurry, but his face is priceless!! |
 |
| Blowing out his three candles |
 |
| Mimi made him a "J" cake!! |
 |
| We were loving the fun time with Mimi and Papa! |
 |
Jack playing hide and seek under the table. Silly boy! |
 |
Of course we just HAD to make it to the beach one day! My heart is full and my soul is at peace! |
No comments:
Post a Comment