Monday, October 5, 2009

Anna's First Haircut

Anna was born with a head of dark brown hair. It soon fell out as baby hair often does and was eventually replaced with a blond peach fuzz, just like her Mama's at her age. We patiently waited and around 18 months, Anna's hair started growing. I was so excited because now I could maybe get a bow in her hair! I got a twinge of jealousy every time I would see a cute little girl with a bow in her hair because all of Anna's bows had been sitting in a drawer at home. I thought to myself that as long as we waited to get that hair, it was going to be forever before I got it cut.
Well, I ate my words. Anna's hair is not that long and it's baby fine. But somehow, it works itself into the craziest mess in the back when she sleeps. Anna will tell you that every morning Mommy has to brush out the "rat's nest" back there. I knew it needed to be trimmed because the back was also starting to resemble something of a rat tail (if you remember those from the 80's that still show up from time to time--usually at Walmart). Anyway, I hesitated for several weeks because at times, this rat tail would curl back up. Oh, if only my child would not inherit my stick straight hair and have some curls! So I waited...
Until today. Those of you who know me know that I am not usually a spontaneous person. (I realize that some of you are laughing hysterically here.) But this morning, I looked at her morning 'doo and said, "Anna, we're going to get your hair cut." So we headed to the Great Clips. On the way there, I talked to her about sitting still so they could cut and that they would have to get her hair wet. We walked in and Pansy showed us to her chair (yes, that was really her name--I checked on her cosmetology license). She put the booster on the seat and wrapped a fish smock around Anna's neck. Anna sat up in that chair and took it all in. She did so GREAT!

What is going on here?













I think my pictures made Pansy nervous because her hands were NOT the steadiest I've ever seen. Bless her heart!











Anna getting her hair dried.













Anna with her balloon and cherry lollipop when it was all over.

(Sorry for the orientation--it's flipped correctly on our computer program, but would not upload that way--frustration!)








As a treat for doing so well with her hair cut, we went to the mall and rode some of the rides there. Then, we ate pizza at the food court. What a fun morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment