The phrase "cleaning the house" has taken on such a different meaning in the last two years. What I could do in a couple of hours or a morning pre-child now takes me an entire day because Anna has to "help". Instead of picking things up once and them staying in their place, I can pick things up three or four times throughout the course of the cleaning period. It just amazes me!! The positive piece of this is that it has produced some of the funniest moments (like the blue toilet water incident in a previous post). I wanted to share how Anna "helped" on Friday while getting ready for Mimi and Oren to come for the weekend.
While I was putting away laundry, Anna had a small meltdown until I let her try on my Ernie and Bert scrub top.
Then, downstairs while folding laundry, I turned around to find this:
She said, "Look, Mommy!! I'm putting my boobies on!" After I picked myself up off the floor from laughing, I had to explain that she had on my bra and that bras hold boobies up. I kept thinking to myself, "Am I really having this conversation with a two-year-old?" Guess so...


No comments:
Post a Comment