Monday, October 26, 2009

So Sad...

I know all moms (and many dads) have those moments when they just think, "Stop! I wish I could just stop time right here!" or "No, I want to go back to when they did _______." Well, once again Will and I had that moment this weekend.
When Anna first started to walk, I would ask her, "Do you want to walk or do you want Mommy to carry you?" Soon after, when Anna would come to us in the characteristic hands raised "pick me up" pose, she would say "carry you". She had this sing-song way that she said it that made our hearts melt. It was so precious and we loved each and every time. I am usually a stickler about correcting her grammar, but I could never bring myself to correct this. I told Will we would let her say it as long as she would. Well, time is up.
This weekend, my mom and my cousin Oren (who is three months younger than Anna) came to stay for the weekend while my aunt and uncle were away for an anniversary weekend. Anna and Oren had a blast spending that time together (post and pics to come later)!! The funny part is that we didn't realize how verbal Anna is. She was the typical girl and talked non-stop compared to Oren and was bossing him around like crazy--"come this way, Oren", "eat it with your spoon, Oren", "I want that, Oren!". Well, in the midst of all her talking, she turned around to Will at one point and said, "Carry me". We both looked at each other and almost teared up. Our precious little "carry you" was gone!
My mom quickly chimed in with, "You never got that on video like I told you that you needed to, did you?" Nope. Chalk another one up to could've, would've, should've!

1 comment:

  1. i will have to remember to video more, so far we arent the best either! They do grow up quickly!

    ReplyDelete