Now don't get me wrong. I realize a time will come when she will not need a nap anymore and that may come sooner than I think. However, I also STRONGLY believe that people in this country are severely sleep deprived, especially our children. I think it has become easier for parents to just do what the child wants rather than do what the child needs, and make sleep a priority. I can tell that when one o'clock comes around, she is tired. Many days, we can barely make it through lunchtime without some sort of tired-induced meltdown. And the days when she might not get her nap, for whatever reason, turn into you-know-where come about 5 or 6 pm. She still NEEDS a nap!
So today, after walking in multiple times after hearing her singing or talking and finding her not in her bed, I had had enough. I told her that she had to stay in her bed during nap time and that if I found her out of her bed again, she would get a spanking. She looked at me and said, "OK, Mommy, it's nap time now." Umm, it was nap time an hour and a half ago!
Well, after another ten minutes or so it finally got quiet. When I peeked in at her, this is what I found...


Stay strong, my friend! I am a HUGE fan of sleep! Yea for winning the battle...wars are won one battle at a time! :)
ReplyDeleteI completely agree with you!!! Andrew is only 3 months but I hope I have helped him establish good sleeping habits. It was one of my priorities.
ReplyDeleteGood job, that's a good momma. She resembles Will after a long night out in college there..except there is no Ramen noodle bowl by his head. Point being, she's PASSED OUT! Adults need naps too Leslie, nothing better than one of those, I think we all need more sleep.
ReplyDelete