Friday, January 27, 2012

A Visit to Nana's

Will's grandmother, Nana, is starting a downward decline with her health.  She was diagnosed with metastatic cancer back in May and it was so prolific, they could not find a source.  She is forever the southern belle and her response was, "Well, now I don't have to sit and wonder what I'm going to die from."  I love her!  After a round of radiation treatment for a mass in her groin, she was doing pretty well, but I think that palliation is beginning to wear off and she's starting to be in a lot of pain.  We have been making a concerted effort to make it over to visit and to let her see the kids.  This past Saturday, we headed over there to take her some homemade soup and to visit for a bit.  She was in pretty good spirits.  I gave Cathe a break and gave her her daily insulin shot.  Will did some handy-man chores around the house for her while we visited.  She cracked us up because beside her chair in the den was a book titled Being Dead is No Excuse: A Southern Lady's Guide to a Fabulous Funeral.  She is hysterical!

Anna and Jack love her singing bears that Abe gave her.



1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear that tragic news. I know how much she means to ya'll. I will keep her in our prayers that she have a very quality quality rest of her life. From the stories, I know she really has lived a great one thus far.

    ReplyDelete