On Saturday, we took Anna to her very first Carolina basketball game. We have had a hard time finding a good game to take her to since most of them are at night, but Saturday at 2pm was perfect, even if it was in the middle of nap time. The Tar Heels were playing Georgia Tech so Will, Anna, Will's parents, and I loaded up and headed to Chapel Hill.
Now, I have to admit, that I have a personal issue with cheerleaders. I want to apologize in advance to all of you who were cheerleaders, many of whom are my friends. I guess it's because I played softball, basketball, soccer, and volleyball growing up. I did take dance for a short period when I was younger, but I liked playing the sports that the cheerleaders cheered for. Plus, the little I was exposed to the cliques and psycho-cheerleader-Mom types, I got a bad taste in my mouth. However, since having a little girl of my own, I have given in (slightly) and got Anna a Carolina cheerleading outfit. It is SO cute! And yes, I even had her picture taken with the UNC cheerleaders. Consider me (almost) cured.
Anna was completely overwhelmed when we got to our seats and just sat and took in all the action. Her eyes were a little glazed-over for a while since it was supposed to be nap time, but she soon got her second wind and perked up. She knew where Rameses was every second!
The first half of the game left much to be desired. I never thought we would catch up in the second half. Anna climbed over us into Nannie's lap about the time we caught up to the Yellow Jackets and fell fast asleep. Good thing, too, because we were all on our feet screaming! I was too busy cheering on the Heels to remember to take any more pictures ;(.
Anna slept through multiple transfers and most of the walk back to the car. When she finally woke up, she asked, "The game is over?". Good thing she didn't have to witness the Heels throw that game out the window after a 20 point come-back. But then again, who can be down by 20 points and expect to win?
Oh, well. It was still fun to take our little cheerleader to Chapel Hill for the game.


No comments:
Post a Comment