Saturday, January 2, 2010

The First of Many

Over the Christmas holiday, while my parents were staying with us, Anna figured out how to open her bedroom door. She has been so good about staying in her bed until we come and get her, usually talking or singing to let us know that she's awake. She can easily get up and down from her bed, but has been so sweet to wait for us...until now. Well, after her nap one day, she opened the door and came traipsing out, "Hey, I'm awake!". Priceless. Anna and Mommy then had a long chat about when we get up and when we need to stay in the bed. Ground rules were layed.

A couple of mornings later, I hear her and go up to get her. When I open the door, she is standing beside her bed and immediately says, "No, Mommy!! Close the door!". Guess I beat her to it. Then she comes strolling out like Miss Priss with a grin on her face.

Will and I knew the day would eventually come when she would come downstairs and wake us up. (Yes, I know that means that a 2-year-old is coming down stairs by herself, but she is quite good at it and we require her to hold on to the railing. Just a little info to ease the worry of some of you out there.) Well, that morning was this morning!! I hear a noise from my deep slumber and roll over to her little face peeking over my side of the bed. "Wake up, Mommy! I opened the door all by myself!" We hadn't heard a peep from her monitor, so she must have been extra quiet. Sneaky little thing!! I roll over and look at the clock. It's 8:20 am!!! As long as she sleeps that late, she can wake us up any day!

No comments:

Post a Comment