Thursday, January 28, 2010

It's OK, Mommy

The other afternoon, the back door onto the deck was open so that Miller could go through his doggy door. All of a sudden, I hear the screen door open (since Anna is now tall enough and wise enough to open doors). I fly to the door before she can escape outside and ask her, "What is the rule about going outside?" She looked at me with her why-did-you-have-to-find-me look, and said, "Have to ask Mommy and Daddy first." Then, she immediately said, "Go outside, please!" I laughed, but sat down on the floor beside her. I explained to her that if she doesn't ask first, then I won't know where she is and I will get worried. She looked at me, concerned, and asked, "Mommy, you would cry?" So sweet!! I told her that I would cry if I couldn't find her. She started patting me on the leg and said, "It's OK, Mommy. Anna is right here." Bless her heart, how did she get so sweet!?!

1 comment: