Sunday, January 24, 2010

My Shopping Partner

The other day, Anna and I went to the mall to run some errands. I forgot to check if the stroller was in the back of the car...and it wasn't. So, when we got out of the car, I told Anna she was going to have to walk with Mommy in the mall like a big girl. No problem--she strutted around like she owned the place. We went to Gymboree to use the Gym Bucks I had earned. I was pulling stuff off the sale racks to look and then putting them back and looked down to see Anna doing the same thing. Except she wasn't as graceful about the "putting it back" part. How do you explain to a 2-year-old that you can pull whatever off the rack, but she shouldn't touch anything? I don't know. Life's just so unfair.
It didn't help that there were 3 kids in there going BANANAS! I mean screaming, running into the back where only the employees are supposed to go and slamming doors, pulling clothes off racks left and right, and running around like maniacs. Meanwhile, their mom was calmly shopping like nothing was going on. I can't believe the nerve of parents sometimes!
Anyway, the funny part of the story is that while Anna and I were shopping, she ran over to this lavender shirt and pulled it off the rack and said, "Oh Mommy, this is so cute! We need to take this to Anna's house!" I about couldn't compose myself. She has never responded like that while out shopping before. So, of course, I found her size in the lavender shirt...and in the leggings that matched. Call me a sucker...:)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like she is a good shopper already. Get her a credit card and relax.

    ReplyDelete