My mom has always harped on the importance of good girlfriends. The older I get, the more I think I understand what she means. There are three girlfriends that I went to Carolina with that mean the world to me and the four of us have stayed in touch through the years really well. I'm really proud of us! We have been in Dallas, Atlanta, Chicago, and London and still managed to all keep in touch and get together whenever we were close.
My friend, Carrie, turns 31 on Thursday. This time a year ago, she was pregnant with her daughter, Emory, and was miserable because her body and pregnancy don't get along so well. She was sick the entire time and was admitted multiple times to the hospital for dehydration and failing kidneys. On top of that, she had a two year old running around! Needless to say, there was no big 30th birthday party. So, her sweet husband decided that this year was going to be a make-up year. He arranged for three of us to meet Carrie at a spa in Greensboro as a surprise for Carrie and then all of us went out to dinner. We had so much fun catching up and comparing kid stories. I love those girls to pieces!
The cake made by a friend of Carrie's.
Carrie and her sweet hubby, Corey
Me, Melissa, Carrie, and Jamie
(we missed you, Michelle!)


No comments:
Post a Comment